Wonderland

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 5 12:26:26 CET 2006

OLIVIER ASKS:

> Aren't Carroll's works public domain?
> Or are there descendants who own & licence everything Wonderland?
> There have been many adaptations & variations, so I guess
> Disney can well invent a new character that vists Wonderland.

AND I RESPOND:

Carroll's writings fell into public domain decades ago, and that includes
the 2 Alice books and all their characters.  Marianne is only a
'semi-invention', though.  You may recall that the White Rabbit confused
Alice with his maid, Marianne, so she apparently was as 'real' a person in
Wonderland as anyone else.

Dan