Life Of Scrooge in Arabia,

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Fri Jan 6 22:55:46 CET 2006

Stefan Persson wrote:

> What's 'CDisplay' and 'winace' (and where can I find a UNIX version of
> those programs)?  And what's '.ace type'?

An .ace file is a compressed file.

CDisplay is the (windows) application to read comics on a PC.
http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay

Actually all it does is read jpg, png and gif files from the inside of a
zip file (.cbz), rar file (.cbr) or (now I see that version 1.8 supports
it, as Dooma says), ace files (.cba).

I don't know any UNIX versions of it, but since at the end they're just
compressed files I think that any compression utility will do (after
renaming the files back to .zip, .rar or .ace).

Francesco