English names for Italian characters in COA

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Jan 26 13:21:24 CET 2006

Olaf:

> according to the COA

COA is the name of the website, Inducks is the name of the data.

> Is there a "bug" in COA making characters with no English
> name saved get
> their original (Italian) name in English, or am I missing something?

There is a "bug" in Inducks, in the way that characters have an official
Inducks name (usually in the language where the character first
appeared) and an English name. If Inducks doesn't list an English name,
it assumes it is the same as its official Inducks name.
In most cases, this is correct. But for Italian and Brazilian
characters, this can give wrong results.

--Harry.