Delta Dimension, Dinkie, C.O.A. and more

olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Tue Jul 11 17:49:32 CEST 2006

David wrote:
>      Er, who came up with the name "Super Daisy"? When she's in her
> costume, nobody's supposed to know that she's Daisy. So she couldn't
> logically call herself "Super Daisy." (It's the same reason why
> Donald Duck's secret identity is "Duck Avenger" rather than "Super
> Donald"...)

One has to love the dialogue of the Norwegian translation used in the book
"Jeg, Super-Donald" (before the name Fantonald was established), in an
early story (Paperinik's second, I think) when Gyro is told about Donald's
secret identity: ">Gasp!< Donald? YOU'RE Super-Donald?"

Hm. "Duck Avenger" has his last name in it. That's as if Superman should
have called himself "Kent Avenger".

Hey, wait a minute ... I JUST FIGURED OUT THE SPECIES OF SUPERMAN! He's a
MAN! Why didn't I see this before? (Batman, however, is a tricky one. Or a
hybrid.)

Super Goof, however, can logically call himself whatever he wants.

Olaf