Direct references to Barks-stories

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 31 15:18:02 CEST 2006

Hello!

- Kai Saarto -

Olaf  Solstrand's included references to some of  Gyro's inventions in
"Being Donald Duck", but I don't remember which.
( http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/x/D+D+2001-013 )

Not quite what you asked, but here goes: when drawing "Duckmade Disaster"
from Barks's script, Daan Jippes included a caricature of  him among the
egg-throwers.
( http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php/x/us/US++287 )

Darn, I've been reading some Gladstone back issues I have been buying these
past two years, and have seen a few references, but seeing as I picked the
comics somewhat randomly, I don't remember in what stories I saw
references-- and pulling out those issues I remembering reading is a bit
troublesome right now.
I wll try and pay attention, now, and will let you know what I have found.

By the way, Barks himself  rarely referred to older stories, or did he? He
would throw in a line about Magica's desire for his dime to introduce her to
readers that didn't know her, but not to actual events-- or am I forgetting
some obvious instances?
The one direct reference I remember is "The Status Seeker" (
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/x/W+US+++41-02//Status+See++_ ), in which
the Beagle Boys go straight to the candy-striped ruby, guessing that Scrooge
would try and trick them the same way he had in "All at Sea" (
http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php/x/au/GS+433#b ).

Olivier