Mickey's inferno

David Gerstein ramapith at verizon.net
Wed Mar 15 05:15:12 CET 2006

     Hey Maciek,

> Seriusly, in orginal Disney movie Dopey was mute. Making him a
> talking Dwarf
> would ruin his character...  Same go's for Diegon the Cat who was
> mute in
> the "Pinochio", and as far I remeber he get to speak some word's in
> orginal
> "Mickey Inferno" as well....

     There's precedent for Gideon speaking in one or two old American
comics, so neither we nor Disney objected to his speaking a little in
the "Inferno." So... to show that he agrees with Honest John, Gideon
says "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" Otherwise, all he does in our version is
hiccup, as he did in the film.
     (Mel Blanc provided those hiccups, so you can imagine the "Yeah!
Yeah! Yeah!" sounding like one of Blanc's "dumb" characters might
have pronounced it...)

     Dumbo speaks more extensively in "Mickey's Inferno," but there's
plenty of precedent for this, as Dumbo is quite often a speaking
character in the comics...

     Best, David