Scrooge McDuck Sculpture: "I'm disinheriting you!"

Goofy313g at aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Sat May 6 00:56:14 CEST 2006

Olivier:
>>>Nice!

Merci beaucoup!

>>>The top view of  the whole statue is rather weird.

I agree with you :-) Note that the floor is in the shape af a webbed foot :-)

>>> I could have done without the devil's horns, however-- or you might have
just suggested >>them with his feathers, like is often down in the comics.

One of the point of this exercise i made for school, is to sum up
characteristics of a comicbook universe of my choice, but also to bring what they call my
"personnal writing" to it. The idea of the horns have been suggested to me by
the devilish Scrooge in Lo$11, although they are indeed suggested with
feathers, but colored in red in the french version at least, and the fact that i
made them this way was part of this "personal writing" intentions...

>>>Why is Scrooge's coat black?

One of the inspirations for this sculpture (the sentence "je te déshérite
/i'm dishineriting you" which scrooge originally tells to gladstone, and these
colors) has been "Race to the south seas" by Barks, but the real reason of why I
made the coat with this color is to make Scrooge darker, and above all to
give him different colors than the money bin's colors, or it would look like the
bin is part of his body...

Thanks again,

Gilles R. Maurice
http://calisota.org