Disney Comics 200th issues

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 01:58:49 CEST 2006

>From: Marc Newman <marc.newman at comcast.net>
>To: dcml at nafsk.se
>Subject: Disney Comics 200th issues
>Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:39:52 -0700
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>I just joined the list tonight and am really looking forward to being
>here.  Most of my Disney comics knowledge is of Carl Barks so I'm going
>to be learning a lot about other stuff from you folks.

welcome to this list! it's nice to see another American (assumption?) fan
pop up here as we seem to be few and far between outside of the actual
creators.

>By the way, this came out in today's Scoop newsletter from Gemstone:
>
>http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/preview/scoop_article.asp?ai=12109&si=122
>
>A nice little piece about different Disney comics throughout the world
>that reached their 200th issue.  The first was Topolino in Italy in
>1936--I had no idea!

i'm really fond of the anniversary issues myself as I know that we're
usually in for something pretty good. My first encounter with them - while
not a 250th issue deal - was the full print of the Miracle Master by
Gladstone.  in (I THINK) 244. I was a little bit dissapointed that Mickey
Mouse 250 ended up being only Bill Wright's "Sinister Sorcerer" when I
finally found it. but considering how much they went all out for that
Miracle Master print I think missing the ball a bit on 250 was justified. :)

For anyone at Gemstone - What's the next major milestone issue coming up
with the various books anyway?

Jonathan Gray