Barks Library trading cards

Marc Newman marc.newman at comcast.net
Sat Sep 16 18:31:50 CEST 2006

I was glad to hear the Barks trading cards mentioned again.  They bring
back fond memories from about five years ago when I started
systematically picking up those volumes and discovered to my shock that
the early WDC&S ones had the cards randomly inserted.  (Which was a
dirty trick.)  I believe that practice stopped after #8 so the rest of
the ten-pagers plus the 25 DDAs plus the 56 Uncle Scrooge volumes had
consecutive cards.

The card #3 was a problem for me for a long time as my copy of #3 came
with card #4.  It was sad having to ask various ebay sellers which card
their issues 1-4 came from.  For a long time I needed to buy a #4 with
card #3 to "fix" the problem.  I finally gave up and bought an extra #3
with card #3!

So yes, many of us understand collecting these "silly things." :)

Best,
Marc Newman
www.HouseofComics.com
"Super-Selection of Silver and Bronze Age comics"