DA cancellation

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Tue Aug 28 17:53:15 CEST 2007

Leo:

> Subject: Disney Adventures Cancelled

> You would think they would at least find a buyer to take over the
> operation as a licensed product!  Like Gemstone!

A nice idea as an idea, but it seems to me Disney Adventures has
always suffered from the fact that it was the last surviving
publication initiated by Disney's long-gone Disney Comics division. I
wouldn't be surprised if Disney simply decided, as the Ad Age item
suggests, to focus the resources on an entirely new publication that
would be designed and marketed as a multimedia magazine from the get-go.

As for finding a licensee to take it over, that would be a dim
prospect now. Disney's made it plain they no longer consider this
particular publication worthwhile, and that's just not an encouraging
selling point.

Gary