DCML Digest, Vol 58, Issue 5

Martin Olsen martino at olsen.tdcadsl.dk
Sat Dec 8 19:41:09 CET 2007

I have responses to both emails in today's digest:

To Håvar Eide:
Some of the issues you mention do not have covers. The ones which do have covers are the Large Feature Comics and the Donald Duck 1944 giveaway. The latter is claimed by Overstreet to exist in two versions - I know only one version, and Overstreet is known in other cases to contain information of non-existing books, so this may be one of them. Does anybody out there know two different versions of this 1944 giveaway?
Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, but I do have some of the books on your list, including The Litterbug and the two Kite giveaways. I also have a copy of the Dumbo paint book, but it is not in very nice condition.

To Mark Small:
Just today I visited the comic book shop in Copenhagen, Denmark, where I have my subscription to all Disney comics by Gemstone. Nothing new has arrived for the past six weeks or so, the latest issues being the October issues. I hope we hear news from the people at Gemstone regarding this. The Christmas issues ought to be in the stores before Christmas if Gemstone hope to sell any copies to others than us collectors.

Martin Olsen