Papernika! not another super hero!

jeanmarcbano jean-marc.bano at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 17 11:57:05 CET 2007

Just a last thing; when i'm referring to character development my thoughts are different from those of Fabio Blanco, i'm more oriented toward the vaudevillesque italian stories of the fifties/sixties than on the Carl Barks ones which are more adventure driven (at least for his adventure stories, the ten pages stories being something different); an another thing, which is a little bit off topic - but not entirely, that i remark nowadays, is the increasing loss of character development of Mickey; a lot of new authors are tending to use him re-looked with his outfits of the 30's [something that Romano Scarpa wasn't used to doing, and F. Gottfredson too since the World of tomorrow i think - correct me if i'm wrong - ] and utterly without characterization as if it were 1930 again (period Death Valley).