Follow-Up Gemstone thoughts

Olivier (M&D) mouse-ducks at orange.fr
Fri Nov 16 20:39:07 CET 2007

Jonathan, quoting me:

Jonathan's reply:

Oh no, I didn't mean reprints. I was referring to the *kind* of  stories I said I liked, produced by Gutenbergus.

Incidentally, I also preferred Vicar's style at that time.
Is there some sort of  rule, or is it just a trend, that many artist (well, too many to my taste) "roundify" the Ducks that much? It's hard to explain, but toughly, the idea is that the beak's corner ir a round bubbly thing; Cavazzano is doing that, Vicar is doing it in his own way (whereas his style was more model sheet, like so many Gutenberghus artists), others are doing it.
Do they think it's "cute" (and less "agressive" than "angles")?

Olivier