The "Fab 5"

Rich xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Oct 4 07:35:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

It's been a while since I posted.  When my computer wasn't screwed up, I been
reading the various discussions.

Anyhow, I'd like to ask some input.  Aside from being a longtime fan of Disney,
especially the basic characters of the Mouse, Duck and Dawg variety, I'm also a
longtime fan of Marvel Comic's FANTASTIC FOUR.

I've been toying with the idea of a sort of "blending" of the two genre, but
basically staying within the Universes of Mouseton & Duckburg rather than the
"real world" of New York City.

In that light I've re-imagined light-hearted vision of Mickey, Minnie, Donald,
Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Figaro, Pete and Mortimer into analogs of Mister Fantastic,
Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Crystal, Lockjaw, Ebony (Agatha
Harkness' cat), Doctor Doom & the Sub-Mariner.

Thus:
Mickey, gaining super-elasticity, becomes "Malleable Mouse,"
Minnie gains super-shrinking and flying powers as "Mini,"
Donald can 'flame on' and become "Duck Flambé",
Goofy gains super muscular strength, but remains dim-witted as "Dumbbell,"
Daisy gains the power to control all kinds of flora as... well, "Daisy,"
Pluto can teleport himself and others as "Tele-Pup,"
and Figaro can transform into an adult panther and has a sonic roar...
I haven't figured out what to call him though... maybe if I knew an Opera related
Italian term for "belting out a high note" or something???
As a Super Group they call themselves "THE FAB FIVE" (plus 2).

Pete doesn't gain any new powers, but he takes advantage of the opportunity to
create a new villainous disguise as "Despot Pete" and Mortimer Mouse (Monty
Rodent) becomes "Sub-Mortimer" with the ability to breathe underwater.

I'm pretty sure that, even though Disney creative types have utilized similar
homages, such as "Spider-Mouse" a la Spider-Man, as well as homages to Batman,
Superman, etc., I won't hold my breath that I'll be seeing the "Fab Five" in a
Disney Comic anytime soon.  Ah well...

This idea has been long in the back of my mind, and I finally sat down and began
working out the finer details.  I'd love some input on names and other ways of
using these concepts.

I can't upload the image at present, but I have posted it to another group where
you can see it: http://www.comicboards.com/fantasticfour/view.php?trd=071003202646
I post under the handle "Torch" on that group.  There is a little more
information under that posting.

Thanks,

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com
"Life is meant to be lived in Eternal Joy, Infinite Freedom, Unconditional Love
and Unbounded Awareness. Any other life is utterly missing the point of being
born a human." -MSI

---- Msg sent via CWNet  -
http://www.cwnet.com/