The Digital World

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Fri Apr 4 18:50:20 CEST 2008

Søren

> You may not have noticed this (as an American) but in certain cases
> Egmont's stories and others have been scanned at such a low quality
> that
> the original, which might date back some 20+ years, looks much better
> than the modern reprint itself.
>
> Effectively we see new fancy colouring combined with the ability to
> count the pixels.
>
> So much for the "new" digital world.

As a production person irrespective of nationality I've seen digital
reproduction all up and down the quailty scale. The mistake so often
made is believing that quality is determined by method, when that
factor is always up to the human beings who apply the method, the
time and resources they have to apply to it, and the source material
they're given to work with in the first place.

The digital world is here, in all it's still too often misunderstood
wonders. The sticking point is what we human beings make of it.

Gary