The Amazing Stories of No-more

dux at ca.rr.com dux at ca.rr.com
Wed May 7 20:44:57 CEST 2008

For the past two decades we Duck fans in America—and throughout the world—have enjoyed a marvelous renaissance of the highest quality stories since the vintage Barks of the 1950s.

And we have Keno Don Rosa to thank for that.

How many other living writers of Duck adventure stories have inspired the reader to utter words like "Amazing story!"?

Don Rosa's stories are truly amazing, both in their writing and their art.

But now Mr. Rosa's apparent retirement from "telling" stories, as quietly but as suddenly as a clock stops ticking, has triggered something fearful. It is the start of an expanding black hole in the Duck Universe, the early stages of which are only now beginning to be felt.

It won't be at all like that awful emptiness of content in American Disney comics that spanned the twin decades of the mid 1960s through the mid 1980s. Other creative talent will fill the pages of the Gemstone books as they will continue to churn out foreign reprints along with those of Barks and Rosa and some others. But gone is the epic talent that fostered such an exciting volley of classics as we've enjoyed since that first shot heard around the world:"The Son of the Sun."

No more.