Globality

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Tue Feb 17 18:19:02 CET 2009

Harry,

There's a strong likelihood that we in America get an even more
fragmented view of the rest of the world from newspapers, TV and our
so-called "talk radio." One listen to Rush Limbaugh should tell you
plenty about the way too many Americans think, and want to think.

But anyway, I fear that American Disney comics, at least as
periodicals, are soon going to go the way of the dodo. Then again, I
have this fear for periodical comics in general. And I don't see
digital distribution as any sort of solution, just considering the
contractural issues that would be involved and the lack of a clear
avenue to generating adequate revenues.

I'll be happy as a clam to be proved wrong about all that, though.

Gary