Different coverprice on the same issue of WDC&S

Chuck Munson chuckm_1962 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 15:23:27 CET 2009

Hi Everyone,

Although I consider my friend Joe Torcivia to be the resident expert on this topic, I'll weigh in with what I know combined with what he has told me. This sounds very much like what Joe told me happened in 1968, when the cover price jumped from 12c to 15c.  The new price was "test marketed" in different locations to gauge the effect on sales.  I was unaware of a similar situation in '73 and '74 for the price increases then, but it sounds like the same deal.  Joe, can you elucidate any further?

Chuck Munson
Herndon, Virginia, USA