Last day...

Tom Wormstedt t.wormstedt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 00:55:22 CET 2009

Well, looking at my checkbook - the last issues that came out were on
December 10th - Uncle Scrooge 383 and WDC&S #698.

I sent two emails to Gemstone - regarding the current status of any of the
disney books.  First email sent about three weeks ago.  Got a generic reply
- 'We don't have any status'.

Second email - several days ago, I haven't heard a peep back.  I see from
the gemstone website that when you click on subscriptions you just get the
regular back issues link.  Despite Diamond's problems, Disney's comics
being marketed towards adults primarily - I really respect and admire them
for sticking to their Disney books - even if they may not necessarily be the
most profitable venture at least they stick to doing what them want out of
love for the hobby.  I hope they're able to hang on and we can look forward
to more great duck and mouse stories from them.

Thanks Susan, David, Gary, Russ, and everyone else at Gemstone for the great
run of comics.