INDUCKS ratings

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Fri Jul 31 10:04:42 CEST 2009

On 2009-07-31 04:54, Elaine Ramshaw wrote:
> Can anyone explain to me the way the ratings of stories on INDUCKS are
> calculated? I was looking at Carl Fallberg stories, for instance; S63053
> is rated 8.1/10 with one vote, and the one vote is 7. Likewise, S64054
> is rated 8.2/10 with one vote, and the one vote is 10. What am I
> missing, here?

See the bottom of http://coa.inducks.org/recommend.php?top100=1 :

<<<
http://coa.inducks.org/img/formulaTop100.png
Ratings are computed using the formula shown left with r the weighed rating, v
are votes averaged over story s or over all stories, n is the number of votes of
each story and m the minimum number of votes required to be listed in the top
100. Some additional formula, not displayed here, is used in the rating.

Stefan