Boom Quality DCML Digest, Vol 94, Issue 7

C. Geraci cgeraci at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 17 17:56:12 CET 2010

Actually, I was going to ask about this.  I have a little girl, and I'd like to introduce her to comics. The new Disney stuff has a great LOOK to it, but I wondered what the actual stories are like. I, too, used to buy for Barks and Rosa--everything else left me a bit cold. Now, maybe that was just in COMPARISON to my favorites--I don't know.
Can these stories stand on their own--are they worth the time and money? A lot of the art looks Italian, and I always enjoy the Italian drawings, but unless I stand there and read the whole magazine, I'm not sure what I'll be getting, as far as story. I'd like to support Disney comics in the U.S., but I haven't bought anything in a while....
Any comments, pro and con? Names/artists/titles I should look for?
Carmen
 And let's be fair--I know I am not the main market for these new works!