Don Rosa's comic publications

Olivier mouse-ducks at orange.fr
Fri Dec 17 18:57:55 CET 2010

webpages for ordering comics.

My pleasure-- really; it's great to hear from someone doing scholar work on
Disney comics.

publications I need and there seems
are several stories found only in single comic magazines.

Finding The First Two Years of Don Rosa to give you the link to the first
book required searching for a story, as I could not find it otherwise.

Unless someone can come up with a list they already have, I’m afraid you’ll
have to go through the INDUCKS pages of every single Rosa story and check
the list of  USA publications.

There may very well be a way to make the search easier, though; I have not
found it in the INDUCKS’s Advanced Search pages, but I’m sure François must
have included some way to distinguish softcovers and hardcovers from comics,
and thus to search for them only.

is both fantasy and mimesis in Rosa's comics.

(lost/hidden valleys, space, past, mythical places, "dreams", etc.),

their own fantasy/sci-fi to the stories.

events and places, like Theodore Roosevelt, Jesse James, the sinking of the
Titanic and so forth.

Very interesting, and lots of  ground to cover.

using the Finnish translations),

I did my Master on Hawthorne, Poe and Melville, but my main dissertation
(the other one was on Faulkner) for the next degree was on Barks.

to be finished. :)

Rosa (or any Donald Duck comics).

Back to Melville in my case.

Back to Rosa, now.
I suppose you’re familiar with his
non-Disney-but-really-Disney-Ducks-in-human-guise comics, The Pert Willaby
Papers; have you been able to get a copy of  Gazette Bok’s The Don Rosa
Archives (two hardcover volumes)? I hope you were, or that you will, because
they are worth having as such, and as the “drafts” (so to speak) for several
of  Rosa’s Duck adventures.

Olivier