Nuno J. Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Tue Dec 21 11:56:53 CET 2010

"Harry Fluks" <fluks4 at planet.nl> writes:

> I'm awfully in-active these days... but I'm still reading all DCML messages.
> I wish everyone happy holidays and an excellent 2011. Or, in Dutch:
> http://home.wxs.nl/~fluks4/wegen/forumtemp/kerst2010kleinvoorweb.jpg

So do I!

Happy holidays and new year everyone!

> L. Schulte wrote:
>> Perhaps there is a difference in what Americans and the
>> French, Italians, Germans, etc. find funny and interesting.
> I'm not sure this is a "continental" difference. There is already a big
> difference between Disney comics fandom in (for instance) Holland, Italy,
> and Denmark. This may be because these countries have different comic
> traditions from the beginning (the 1940s). I'm sure that, if the USA had
> published Scarpa and Bottaro in the 1950s (to name just some people), they
> would have been just as popular now as Barks and Rosa.

Although I personally prefer and enjoy Rosa stories, here we were
fortunate (when there was Disney Comics publishing) to meet several art
and storytelling styles -- the smaller monthly issues used to be big,
~100 pages, so there were several stories, and maybe there's some issue
with Rosa, Scarpa, Barks and Vicar stories at the same time!

Happy Holidays,
Nuno J. Silva