Paolo/Papersera/The Future of Comic Books

schulte at teacher.com schulte at teacher.com
Tue Feb 16 14:04:52 CET 2010

Many thanks to Paolo for his efforts at Papersera!
As a teacher of Latin, who has some Italian training, I can understand some of the site!
The website obviously has taken many hours to construct!  I think of Beru's website with all the scans of stories by Barks, Rosa, et al.
With Kindle and other so-called "e-books" I do wonder if Internet paperless publishing is not the best way to continue the tradition of
Disney Comics as handed down to us by Barks, Rosa, et al.  On the other hand, perhaps the comic-book story
is obsolescent?  Today's Wall Street Journal has an article on 3-D cartoons coming out this Spring and Summer, along with regular movies (over 20 total:
 how does a $9.00 comic book compete with a $9.00 ticket to a 3-D movie?  To be sure, you can keep and re-read the comic book.
But for the new "thrill me more" generations, that might be a difficult proposition to sell.
 3-D Cartoons

Best Wishes!