Disney Comics June Sales Data

Kneon Transitt hey.kneon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 17:43:56 CEST 2010

Yeah, it's not looking too good overall. I'm glad about Darkwing doing well,
but you also have to remember that #1s sell significantly more copies than a
#2 or #3 -- so expect a dropoff in the coming months.

I am very curious if the DuckTales theme has helped Uncle Scrooge's numbers
any. But seeing as how it didn't make the Top 300 this month, there's no way
of knowing. Maybe next month? It's interesting to note, however, that
Gemstone's Scrooge book never dipped below 4,000 copies. And that was with a
cover price more than twice what the Boom! edition is.

Meanwhile, Sonic the Hedgehog still moves around 8,000 issues a month. And
it's based on a video game series that's been declining in quality over the
past decade or so. :-/

Hardly seems fair, with Mickey supposedly being the most famous cartoon
character in the world and all.

-- Kneon
http://kneontransitt.blogspot.com