Digicomics

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Thu Oct 14 17:13:35 CEST 2010

L. Schulte (Leo, I presume?):

> A question from us older folks: is a "digicomic" animated, but available on-line, or is it basically a comic book obtainable through Kindle or iPhones, etc.?  Or is it a hybrid of some sort?  I found the website for Disney DigiComics, and it seemed to be regular comic book viewable through an e-Book, but then "game platforms" were mentioned, which made me wonder if in fact the comic is not animated.

The safe answer to this, at this stage, seems to be that it's something of a hybrid, incorporating touch-screen navigation and certain "special effects" functions -- zoom, panel-by-panel (manual or slide show) viewing, maybe sound (including spoken dialogue), that sort of thing -- with standard comics pages. This, I hasten to say, is only speculation on my part, but it seems to be the angle the promotion is taking.

Gary