Changes in Voodoo Hoodoo, even by Fantagraphics

Olivier mouse-ducks at orange.fr
Sat Feb 25 14:49:51 CET 2012

1949.

Thanks! I only got the book fairly recently and haven't had time to read it
yet; I only thumbed through the book in a store to check the way Foola Zoola
and his tribe (an Bombie) were drawn, before ordering it from amazon.com
don't worry for that comic store: I do buy other things from them and don't
just take a look).

I think it's a mistake, as you said; fortunately, it's not as important a
change as Foola Zoola's nose and teeth.

Will you correct this In your book (that is, cross the "Nossir"-- or just
leave it-- and write "Nossah" above it)?
Which is the worse: having a mistake or leaving it? "desecrating" the book
or correcting?
I admit I have come to a point where I prefer to correct such things as
forgotten apostrophes and other such mistakes (in pencil); the way it was
printed can still be seen, and in any case, it was not the author's intent
to have a spelling or grammatical mistake, so I'm being respectful to his
work (obviously, I don't correct intentional shortcuts mistakes "wanna",
"gonna", "I ain't", "I yam what I yam", ..., which are clearly part of the
characterization).

Olivier