Hobby Use

D.M. van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Jan 26 13:11:52 CET 2012

ALEXANDER NIELSEN, 25-01-2012:

> Daniel, you must be right about Disney not being the copyright
> holders of the generation. They have not yet seen the Donaldist
> organizasions, like Danish Donaldist Society...
>
> I hope they never do... It is horrible to think about, what
> would happen to Donaldists around Denmark, and the whole
> world...

I'm sure that Disney has seen such sites. Disney has internet and can find
those sites just as easily as anyone else.
Disney seems to have a policy of  "don't ask, don't tell". And this means
we're already talking too much.

Officially, Disney can never approve those sites. That would harm their
copyrights, which a copyright holder has to defend in order to keep those
rights. And so I think they act as if they look the other way, as if
fansites don't exist. It's all they can do, to let us have our fun.

I don't understand why Disney is pictured as a company to be afraid of,
concerning fansites. In comparison with the Tintin heirs, they are obviously
very tolerant in letting fans do what they want.
I think there is enough reason for Disney fans to be thankful towards
Disney, rather than being afraid.

Best wishes,
Daniël