carl barks fan mail

lynne burnett lynneburnett at charter.net
Sat Jun 15 06:12:42 CEST 2013

Lynne Burnett <lynneburnett at charter.net> wrote:On this website: http://www.toonopedia.com/barks.htm

it states: “Most of Carl Barks's published work was unsigned. During most of his working years, he received absolutely no response from his readers, the vast majority of whom knew nothing about him except there was something very special about his stories. When, in the early 1960s, he got his first fan letter, he thought it was a practical joke.”

Does anybody know anything about Barks’s first fan letter? My father wrote to Barks in the early 60’s. I don’t have a copy of the letter my father sent, but I do have the letter that Barks sent along with a small hand drawn picture of Donald.

I would love to know if my father was Barks’s first fan.

Lynne Burnett