Disney Comics in U.S.

David Gerstein ramapith at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 15:38:04 CEST 2015

	Hey Barry,

> As a long time Disney comic reader and Dealer, I must say I was disappointed with the Scrooge, I guess I have been spoiled growing up with Barks and then Rosa, but even the other stories in the golden and silver age were better than this most recent Scrooge.

	Wak! While I can't convince you to like stories you didn't, both of the choices in this issue were pieces that I'd earlier hoped to publish at Gemstone, where I used quite a lot of this vintage Romano Scarpa material as well.
	So you would have seen this same exact content had the Gemstone issues continued in 2009! (A few other planned Gemstone stories will find their way into these IDW comics, too...)

	I'm already collecting Don's stuff at Fantagraphics, and doing my darnedest to present it right. As IDW's Archival Editor, what more can I do *except* focus on the other top Scrooge talents out there - with Scarpa one of the best and most beloved?
	Next month we'll have a change of pace with a very good long Dutch adventure. Jumpin' jacksnipes... hang around and see what you think.

	Dave

--
David Gerstein
ramapith at gmail.com