Zodiac Stone questions

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Aug 27 07:39:55 CEST 2015

(I guess these questions are for David.)

I was looking at the preview of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories 722, where I
noticed that one of the colorists for the second chapter of the Zodiac Stone
is "Nea Aktina A.E.", which was the company that used to publish Disney Comics
in Greece until 2013.

Comparing the US edition and the most recent Greek edition, I see that the
coloring is very similar, with the exception of the color of Goofy's sweater:

https://comicstrades.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/wdcs722e.jpg
https://comicstrades.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/wdcs722f.jpg

Thus, my question is, what was the contribution of each of the numerous
colorists mentioned in the credits? Did IDW get the coloring from the Greek
edition, making various modifications? Did they get the coloring from the
Greek edition of some chapters, while other chapters were colored by others?
Both? Something else?

While comparing the two versions of the first page of the story, I also
noticed that there are differences in the art, as well. The word balloons are
different and at different places, and there is more art in the US version of
the first panel. (Art revealed by moving the word balloons to the top and by
replacing the title banner, and the store at the left has an additional row of
bricks under the orange roof, which is higher than the roof in the Greek edition.)

Which of the two versions is the original? Did the Greeks squeeze the art in
the top panel, or was more art added in the US edition?

And what about the art under the word balloons? Did the Greeks hide it, by
lowering the balloons, did IDW have the missing art filled in, after raising
the balloons, or does the art come in something like photoshop layers, with
the balloons on a different layer, where one can modify them to one's heart's
content, without having to worry about the art, which is on a different layer
underneath? Did they even produce comics that way back in 1990, so that the
latter might be an option?

	Kriton.
-----
"I don't exist in your world!"
"Then you won't feel the bullets when we shoot you!"
-----