Beagle Boys

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Dec 1 19:46:05 CET 1992

Torsten writes:

> Recent Disney Comics story
> Cover:	Uncle Scrooge sitting in an empty (!) money bin.
(about "House of Haunts", one of the last Barks Scrooge stories)

> My question is this:	How many Beagle Boys are there?  If they all have
> the same three numbers at the beginning, then mathematically there can
> only be six unique numbers:
> 	167, 176, 617, 671, 716, 761	(I think these are right.)
>
> However, in some of the panels, eight Beagels are seen!  And this is a
> Barks story!
>
> Torsten at Omaha

There was a mail discussion in the Gladstone comics, a few years ago, about
this. Several fans sent in Barks stories with more and more Beagle Boys.
I think Don Rosa was involved in the discussion. The last letter of Rosa
speaks about "The Paul Bunyan Machine", where at least 12 (or 16? can't
remember exactly) BB's are seen. Rosa thought that was the Barks story with
the most BB's in it. Of course, the BB's were too small to read their
numbers..

--Harry at Leidschendam