Duckburg

rich.bellacera@amail.amdahl.com rich.bellacera at amail.amdahl.com
Tue Apr 13 12:52:00 CEST 1993

Harry:
> > 3. According to Rich Bellacera, Mickey lives in Mouseton, USA. But in most
> >    of the old comics where Donald and Mickey star together, they live in
> >    the same town. So Mickey must have moved recently.

Per:
> Or maybe Mickey stayed when Donald moved on to Duckburg?

Actually, as far as the name "Mouseton" goes, it comes from one of the last
multi-part stories in Mickey Mouse Adventures published under the Disney name.
I believe it had something to do with Emil Eagle or Prince Pinguin and had to
do with Mickey saving the hometown of his, Minnie's, Horace's and
Clarabelle's.  The townsfolk named or maybe renamed thier town in honor of
Mickey.  Due to their conspiquos absence, I don't believe that Donald and
Daisy lived in the same comicbook town as Mickey and Minnie.  However, since
Goofy often did come around and assist Mickey, I take it Goofy does, or at
least did, live in Mouseton too.  According to Goof Troop's premiere episode
we witnessed Goofy and his son, Max's, move form 'somewhere'(not told) to the
hometown of Pete & Peg (Trudy?) named Spoonerville.

I have another guess for a hometown:

St. Canard (home of Darkwing Duck).  From all appearances I would surmise that
it is suppose to be San Fransico.  Mostly because of it's coastland/metropolis
appearance and a very distinctive 'bridge.'  SOme might suggest it is actually
New York City.  I don't know, but I thought I read somewhere that it was S.F.

-Rich