Don Rosa on the Life of Scrooge series

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Apr 16 17:59:55 CEST 1993

This Don sent to me, but I guess it was intended for the list.
(If you just reply the usual way to list mail I goes to the sender of
that piece of mail.)

----------------cut-here------------------

	I am currently finishing up part 10, one of the better chapters where $crooge first comes to Duckburg. Most of the chapters of this
series I'm not too sure about... especially my three part #8 with $crooge's days in the Yukon. The whole series is LOTS of fun for me,
but I'm not sure if it isn't a colossal mistake; but I was "forced" into it when I was told that Disney Comics was going to undertake
such a series, and since none of the people at that company had ever even read a $crooge comic, I knew somebody had to beat them to
it -- not necessarilly ME, but just SOMEBODY. I tried to get as much input from as many people as possible before I began the series...
and I just hope my fellow Barks fans either like it or forgive me for it.
	You have all the titles for the first parts correct... but you must have gotten them from Stefan, eh? The various publishers are not
using my titles, all of which have the same form and refer to $crooge, as in "The ---- of the ------". I do plan to change the title
of part 4 to "The Flash in the Copper Pan", so that I can then change the title of part 8 to "The King of the Klondike" (its current
title is "The Argonaut of White Agony Creek").
	And you're right -- the Swedish publisher decided they couldn't use part 2 since it was 28 pages and they don't do specials. But
that doesn't explain why they didn't use part 1 which was 15 pages! True, other countries did parts 1 & 2 together in one special,
but that was not a law. I intended them to appear in separate issues. I handed out copies of the Norwegian edition of parts 1 & 2
there in Stockholm to NAFS(k)... didn't they show them around?