More archive stuff.

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Sun Aug 29 19:31:27 CEST 1993

New stuff available from ftp.lysator.liu.se:/pub/comics/disney:

[] characters/interlingual:

  New version of Fredrik's file of character names in lots of
  languages.  This version (3.0) uses Latin-1 instead of plain old
  ASCII as it was before, so the names in most languages will now be
  rendered correctly.

  Corrections and additions welcome as always!  If you're interested
  in the last 7-bit version, ask Fredrik <d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se> about
  it!

[] archive/

  A new subdirectory where old mail (everything!) to the list is
  collected one month in each file.  I just put it there temporarily
  as there was some interest in it, but maybe I'd better keep it
  there.

[] oils

  A list of Barks's oil paintings with Disney motifs.

[] fanzines.

I thought it useful to collect addresses to interesting fanzines, and
this is what I came up with:

> Fanzines in English with Disney comics as their main focus.
>
> * The Barks Collector
>   Published by Bear Mountain Enterprises, Box 616, Victoria VA 23974.
> Presently on hiatus, but some back issues or available.  [Which ones?
> At what cost?]
>   [The last issue I can find now is #42, but I think there are at
> least one more which I have mislaid somewhere.  Which issue is the
> last one?]
>   Devoted to the works of Carl Barks.
>
> * The Duckburg Times
>   Published by Dana Gabbard, 3010 Wilshire Bl. #362, Los Angeles CA
> 90010.  Irregularly published, sample copy $3.  Back issues available.
> Emphasis on Disney comics with news, articles, interviews and reviews.
>   The latest issue is #24/25 with a focus on DuckTales.  #26 will
> include a profile on Italian artist Marco Rota, an article by Ken
> Bausert titles "The World According to Carl Barks" and an installment
> of Andy Lendacky's series on Barks's use of language, among other
> things.
>   Issue #27 will probably be a special issue devoted to the Carl Barks
> Library.
>
> That's it, I think.  There are of course also general Disney fanzines
> and general comics fanzines with occassional items on Disney comics.

Anything else?  Harry thought that Funnyworld should be included as
well.  What's the status on Funnyworld nowadays?
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"