+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #174.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Dec 4 06:38:18 CET 1993

Harry:
	Byron never rejected "Cash Flow". How could he have rejected it
and also used it? I know that after 6 or so years I might begin to
forget details, but I don't recall anything about Byron or somebody not
liking "Cash Flow". Maybe it's getting mixed up with "Money Pit" somehow
since the two stories both deal with money avalanches? But, true, Byron
disliked "The Money Pit", even though I thought it was one of my best
10-pagers, that's why I submitted it again later to Bob Foster. I don't
recall Byron's objection -- I wouldn't think he said it was too much
like some other story since I can't think of what story that might be. I
seem to recall that his reasons were sorta nebulous, and I always
assumed it was because the story was a thinly veiled attack on the sort
of comic book collecting that Bruce Hamilton and his clique of buddies
are responsible for creating the foundations for.

	But, hey, Harry -- I was thinking about you today while working
on this special "Donald's 60th Birthday story" I'm doing. I was
describing it to John Clark during a call about other matters, and he
pointed out that it was a shame that I was doing a story that precludes
future reprints since it deals specifically with the 60th birthday. This
got me to thinking that maybe I should ask YOU to perhaps give a call to
your contact at Oberon (the one who LIKES my stuff) and mention the
existance of this tale, and tell him that I would imagine Egmont would
allow simultaneous usage of the story this summer if Oberon would so
desire. Can you do that? (It's 16 pages.)