+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #183.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Dec 14 05:24:12 CET 1993

DAVID:
	I think this comment by a R.A.D. member is quite revealing. I
was invited to reply to a question from a member of that forum which he
was to post there, and I asked the fellow what that group was like --
whether it was full of mindless Disney zombies or discriminating fans.
Sure, I used my usual ... ornate description of such zombies, but since
I had never seen R.A.D. I could not possibly make any comment concerning
it. But I see that some see any mention of "Disney zombies" to be an
insult to R.A.D., eh?  What does that tell us? Obviously these people
themselves see R.A.D. as such, but are upset that it might be so
obvious? Anyway, any insult to R.A.D. was in the mind of the beholder
in this case.
	David, I depend on you to pass along correct info on the Lo$ to
R.A.D., as well as THIS message.

MATTIAS:
	Now wait! When I refer to swiping from a clip-file, I mean the
practice of copying poses from various Barks panels and placing them
into my own scenes. What YOU refer to -- my use of actual scenes from
old Barks stories to place the events in the context of my framework --
is completely different. I'm not swiping because the reader is supposed
to immediately recognize the panel as not a copy but a direct tracing of
the original.
	Now the "60th Birthday" story I'm doing now IS full of swipes!

	I today received a copy of the new CARL BARKS & CO. #20, I
assume sent to me by Freddy Milton. Does anyone else have a copy of
this?