Sorry!

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Tue Dec 14 09:38:25 CET 1993

Don:

    Sorry! I got you wrong there - thanks for the explanation! And I hope I
made it clear that I DON'T AT ALL mind your occasional Barks-reference swipes,
simply because they are indeed immediately identifiable as such. And actually
I've never particularly minded your use of Barks poses from, as you put it,
"the clip-file" either, because they, too, are usually identifiable. Two
reasons, though, for you to go easy on the latter practice might be:

a) that it creates a somewhat uneven result with a certain amount of clashing
styles; and

b) that I honestly don't think you need to! Certain parts of Lo$ has been very
un-Barksy, and I've liked those parts very much! F'rinstance the SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!SPOILER ALERT! riverboat fight scene in part 9, where $crooge's
expressions of wrath are totally unlike anything Barks ever did, belong to my
favorite parts, not least BECAUSE it is different.

Mattias