Carl Barks & Co. #20

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu Dec 16 09:49:59 CET 1993

Don:
> 	No one has a copy of the new CARL BARKS & CO. #20 that I asked
> about a few digests ago???

Now that you mention the contents, I remember that Per posted a message a while
ago: he has a copy of that issue.

> 	I'm most curious about certain passages in Jippes interview
> where he's talking about Barks or Gladstone comics... and I'm curious
> about his current relationship to both. Maybe I'll try to type out some
> of the passages of gibberish and someone here will translate???

Thank you for typing this in! But you forgot the little circles on the a's
and the strokes through the o's. Obviously, I can't translate the text now...
8-)
Seriously, I can read a little Danish, but not enough to give an accurate
translation. I'm sure someone else can.
I'll try one piece:

> Den gamle stoder selv har forresten skrevet et 10-siders
> manuskript til en Van Horn-serie pa det seneste, fortalte Geoff mig. Det
> aergede Don Rosa gevaldigt, savidt jeg forstod.

"Geoff told me the old [Barks] himself has written a 10-page script for a
Van Horn comic [..]. I understand Don Rosa was very annoyed about this."

> 	Try that much and maybe I'll type another paragraph (something
> about Jippes current contact with Barks).

That'll be very interesting (me being the Jippes fan here 8-).

--Harry.