+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #186.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Fri Dec 17 06:33:53 CET 1993

	So, Gier's advice to me is never disclaim anything. Well, what
do I do when I read yet ANOTHER article of misinformation. This
translation of CARL BARKS & CO which states that I was "very annoyed"
that Barks wants Van Horn to draw his script, then implies that I'm some
kind of snot that thinks only *I* can be called "Carl Barks's 'heir'". I
DISCLAIM any and all of that! I never expressed any such opinions to
anyone. This has apparently come from Blum -- I'm on the phone to him as
soon as I get off here.
	Other than that -- thank you, Geir, for your comments,
especially those (again) describing how you read my stories to your kids
at bedtime. I might not make the money that Stephen King or Tom Clancy
do (I doubt if I make the money their gardners do)... but this is one
thrill that I get that they can never share in.

ARVID:
	The collected LO$ will be published in various countries, and
the ones I know of for certain will be America, Norway, Denmark and
Germany. In fact, the LO$ will be reprinted in German albums starting in
the spring... but not all in one giant album.

DAVID:
	You preferred the way I drew the Ducks in '89? But now in order
for me to profit by that you must tell me in what way you preferred
them. How? (Probably because I was still using my clip files then.)
	You mention the first page of "On a Silver Platter" and how it
looked different. Good call. That was one I did years ago for Oberon who
don't like my art; they had one of their artists pencil page one for me
to show me how to do it. I guess it didn't show me much if I went right
back to my own style on page two. I recall they re-penciled two $crooge
heads later in the story because they disliked mine so much, which I
then inked. Can you tell which two? I think at least one is obvious. And
for Geir -- I may not be proud of much about the way I draw Duck
stories, but I do like the way I draw Duck HEADS and expressions. My
Duck heads were better.
	And we're way ahead of you on this 60th Birthday story. I finish
it up next Tuesday or so; and at that time I mail it NOT to Byron, but
DIRECTLY TO JOHN. He'll make his copies, then mail the art to Byron.
How's that?