+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #190.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Tue Dec 21 06:36:30 CET 1993

RDB:

	I guess you were mostly just kiddin' 'round with your message to
"$crooge", but just to make a mountain out of a molehill as regards the
two instances you mention as proof $crooge knows the true meaning of
Christmas:
	the guy who played Ebenezer Scrooge in MICKEY'S XMAS CAROL was
no more the real $crooge McDuck as was the guy on DUCKTALES. It was the
Disney Corporation's usual misuse of that Dell/Barks character. And as
for that painted comic story in the Disney Comics comic of 2 years ago
-- while I thought that was a very lovely and touching story with
beautifully rendered artwork, I couldn't accept for an instant that
that was THE $crooge McDuck. It just didn't ring true with me. It was
more like that Ducktales kindly-old-grandpa Scrooge again. But... I
realize that's probably just my opinion.
	As for the computers, I'm not sure if David goes along with my
weird notion of when the $crooge stories are taking place -- but my
$crooge tales occur in the mid-50's when the an old-fashioned guy like
$crooge would never have considered using one of those room-sized
computers with the limited powers they had in those days.
	Actually, I was just looking for something to respond to
tonight, and yours was the only message here (except for something from
Mattias about "what is CL?", but I think somebody just spiked his
eggnog).