Animated actors

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Dec 22 12:31:53 CET 1993

Don:

     When I said: "What I'm interested in is NOT primarily what Michael Caine
is like in private life, but how the character of Ebenezer Scrooge is
portrayed by him", I didn't mean that I'd GENERALLY find f'rinstance MCC and
the character of Ebenezer Scrooge therein THE most or only interesting aspect,
NOR did I mean to say that a part played by  $crooge McDuck the actor is more
interesting to me than $crooge McDuck the PERSON - it's actually the other way
'round! Only in the context of VIEWING a performance is it true, to my mind,
that the character PORTRAYED is more interesting than the character of the
PORTRAYER!

It seemed to me that this point might have been a bit obscure in my previous
posting; I thought I might as well try to elucidate. Hope I did that, and not
the reverse!

Mattias