Working without Annette/My grandmother the car

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu Dec 30 02:52:47 CET 1993

Mark:

TH>Annette Funicello recently [edited] was told it [fan mail] was kept
TH>secret to protect the kids from being envious of the one with the the
TH>most mail...

MM>Cynical me says that it was probably to stop the kids from asking for
MM>more money.  Same reason that Carl Barks never got his fan mail.

No doubt the policy was meant to do more than to "protect" the kids.
Annette, hoever, seemed to accept that explanation.  (Of course, she would
say that if she wants to keep in the good graces of Disney Corporation.)

Geir:

GH>Electric, and thus it seemed to him that all old ladies had to drive
GH>electric because they were so much easier to drive than petrol based
GH>cars, lacking gears and all that.

Very interesting how that one experience made such a lasting impression on
Barks that he incoprorated it into those stories many years later.

GH>And think of the silly Egmont drawing people (cant call them artists)
GH>including Vicar, who show Grandmas car with exhaust and a gas motor!

What?  Grandma driving a gas guzzler?  simply reVOLTing!  :)

Tryg Heseth  <tryve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>

"I wish the all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes