Race to a diamond mine

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Wed Mar 3 11:42:49 CET 1993

Here is a letter originally sent to Gladstone, but as they couldn't
answer it they sent it along to NAFS(k) among others, and here it is
for you to ponder.  Anyone recognize this story?

! Sirs:
!
! I have a quest which is personally very important for me.  I am
! looking for a certain $crooge McDuck comic---but I don't know the
! issue number, the date or even the picture on the cover.
!
! It concerns a race to a diamond mine in Africa.  $crooge, Donald and
! the boys encounter military apes, explore the ruins of an ancient
! village, and finally end up accidentally exploding the volcanic
! mountain where the diamond mine is located.
!
! Cost (within reason!) is not an object, and I don't care if it is a
! reprint or an original.
!
! If you have this comic, please contact me and tell me the price.
!
! If you don't have it at present, could you please give me any
! information about the issue number, date etc.---or tell me how I could
! get this information.
!
! I really need this comic!  (Even a xerox)
!
! Thank-you,
!
! Edith Crocker