"Le Mickey"

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Mar 8 09:51:09 CET 1993

Rich Bellacera wrote:

> I'd also like to see Disney or even
> Gladstone reprint some of the classic Marsupilami comics for the American
> population to peruse.

I think you can compare the original Marsupilami comics with the original
"Junglebook", "Winnie the Pooh" etc. I.e. they are quite different from what
Disney made of them; only the character(s) is(are) the same (like Per already
noted). Therefore, I don't expect Disney or Gladstone to reprint European
(B e l g i a n) Marsupilami.

> (...) the Disney Baby features.  According to their answer there in a French
> magazine "Le Mickey" or something (I don't have my copy of the issue with me)

It's "Le Journal de Mickey".

> where they said Disney Babies have been runnig for some time now.  Are there
> any Disneyphiles from France on this mailing list that might know anything
> about this?

Disney Babies have been a gag strip (one-page) for the last 10 years or so.
Those french strips are sometimes reprinted in Holland. I think the strip
is not only _about_ babies, but also _meant_for_ babies.

>   "Have you ever had one of those days where you lose your home, your best
>   buddy-boy, and your favorite appendage?"  -Marsupilami (Raw Toonage)

If I remember well, the Belgian Marsupilami can't talk (only say "Hooba")...

Harry Fluks                    ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam      (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yes, I've _heard_ of coral barques!"