Upcoming Disney/Gladstone comics

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Mar 22 12:10:57 CET 1993

Luigi (luigi bevilacqua <bevilal at dsi.unimi.it>) writes:

> Disney & Gladstone: latest info: shipping program
>
> Shipping  Publisher Series                          Remarks
>  month
>
>  April    Disney    Dinosaurs#2 -newsstand edition  48 pp. $2.95
>                     Disney Adventures#32           128 pp. $1.95
>                     Donald Duck Adventures#38       32 pp. $1.50
>                     Uncle Scrooge#280               32 pp. $1.50 (Rosa cover?)

Yes, U$ #280 will have a Rosa cover. It shows Scrooge on a rubber boat looking
at a sinking ship. I don't know what story this is supposed to illustrate.

I saw a copy of the cover in (a part of) an interview of Don Rosa (in the
magazine "Advance Comics"). Rosa says, that "War of the Wendigo" will _not_
be published by Disney, "because it involves Indians. They wouldn't even
read the story." Is does not matter that the Indians are the "good guys",
just the fact that there _are_ Indians withholds Disney from publishing
the story! Rosa hopes (expects) Gladstone will be less narrow-minded...

>                     WD Comics & Stories#585         48 pp. $1.50 (48pp at the
> 								 same price?)
>
>   May     Disney    Disney Adventures#33           128 pp. $1.95
>
>   May    Gladstone  (All Gladstone's series will be bi-monthly)
>                     Donald Duck Adventures#21       32 pp. $1.50 (Rosa cover?)

In the interview, Rosa said he was doing covers for Gladstone again.

>                     WD Comics & Stories#586         32 pp. $1.50

WDC #586 will have a William Van Horn cover.

The copy I saw, had two logos on it: Gladstone _and_ Disney Comics. So: will
Disney Comics still have influence? Or is it just the name that they want
to keep?

>                     Uncle Scrooge#281               32 pp. $1.50 (Rosa cover?)
>
>  June    Gladstone  Donald Duck#280
>                     Donald & Mickey#1
>                     Uncle Scrooge Adventures#22
>
>  (no info about Disney in June)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                    ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam      (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"