Albi d'Oro

luigi bevilacqua bevilal at dsi.unimi.it
Wed Mar 24 12:32:13 CET 1993

Hi,

Harry said:

> I have another question for you, Luigi:
>
> I have the impression that all Italian comics are numbered in the series
> "Albi d'Oro" (Golden Books). Something like in the USA the Four Color Comics;
> they have their own title, but subsequent numbering.
> Is this true? Or maybe, almost true (some specials excluded)? Or far from
> true (different series with their own numbering)?

"Albi d'Oro" was a Mondadori's weekly -comic size- series (a rare format
in Italy at that time); it started in early '50 throungh late '60.
Each issue, in b/w and color, had 32 pages.
On this series were published, for the first time in Italy, many many
Disney stories by Al Tagliaferro, Carl Barks and Floyd Gottfredson.
This series had its own numbering, absolutely not like "Four Color Comics".
Maybe you said that because in that series were published not only
Disney stories, but Warner too.
So, in a "Albi d'Oro" list of Disney material, there are many "holes"
(in which is published warner material).

-Hey Harry,

 What does "Hartelijke groeten" mean?

 BYE!!!
 .