Various things****

rich.bellacera@amail.amdahl.com rich.bellacera at amail.amdahl.com
Wed Mar 24 15:31:00 CET 1993

> From: jellybea at juts
> It was most appreciated!!!  So I hope you won't mind if I cause a stir by
> asking even more questions. That's what this club is for isn't it?

Stir it up.  I don't think anyone is going to get upset over a few questions
and some shared information.  As long as we don't get into any flame-fests
over it.

> How did Darkwing Duck come about?

The concept for DWD orginated when Disney wanted to do a spin-off series based
on an episode of Ducktales which involved the secret agent named Double-0 Duck
(sort of a James Bond-type).  The series was suppose to star 00-Duck and
Launchpad, but somewhere along the way they changed to focus to that of a
superhero type storyline.  Darkwing was invented for the series.

> Where did Unca Scrooge get his number 1 dime from?

I have not seen the comic that explains that, but I think it was explained in
a Ducktales episode.  I believe it had something to do with being Uncle
$crooge's first (ever) earned wage or found commodity.  I was under the
impression that he invested it wisely and it multiplied to the point of his
current Moneybin state.  However, that wouldn't make much sense since he still
has it.  Hmmmm.  Maybe he bought it back?  Per or someone probably knows this
answer and where exactly to find it (the comic not the dime ;-).

> Where did Darkwing Duck get his powers from?
> I must confess that I've never read a Darkwing Duck comic, I've only seen
> him on TV.

I believe the Disney Afternoon series gave a couple different scenarios for
that answer.  I forget which is accepted as canon.  Maybe Stephanie or one of
the other Ranger-Listers can answer that.

> Why does that witch duck (I can't remember her name) want Scrooges dime?

Magica de Spell.  She wants it because she believes that it contains great
power (of luck).  She thinks it because of the dime that $crooge is so wealthy
but I think he explained to HD&L that it's really because he is wise with
money.

> When did Mickey get married and to whom?

Mickey is secretly married to Minnie, but for the movies he is her perpetual
consort or suitor.

> Is Gyro related to the duck family at all?

Good question.  The official answer seems to be "Yes" but "How" is probably
more to the point. While the Ducks (like Donald & U$) and the Gooses (like
Gladstone 'Gander' & Gus Goose) are technically related (species-wise),
Chickens like Gyro are not.  I'm stumped.

> Has anyone (except me) heard of Bubba the caveduck and his pet dinosaur
> Tootsie who eats ice blocks?

I have.  In fact I was thinking that maybe Bubba Duck is actually conceptually
related to Simon the Caveduck from that FAMILY FUN story I mentioned earier.
I wonder if it's technically true.  Though they both originated the same way
(via a time-travel story), and they both stayed in the present (the rest of
their story, however is dramatically different).

> And now to change the subject dramatically. Does anyone want to be my penpal
> and write in the old fashioned way with ink and paper?? Reply if you want
> and I'll give you my address.

Sure:

email to me and I'll send you my address.

Caio