[Don Rosa: Re: Disney comics mailing list digest #3]

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Sat May 1 16:11:25 CEST 1993

On Sat, 1 May 1993, Per Starb{ck wrote:
> [I have redirected this piece of mail from Don that got to me instead
> of the list. /PS]
> 	And as for Barks changing details of characters' histories from their
very earliest appearances, I don't see Gladstone as being a nephew as an
example of that. I figure he only calls $crooge "Uncle $crooge" since it's
sorta his title (after all, that's the name of his comic even).  In truth,
Gladstone is NOT a relative of $crooge McDuck Gladstone is the son of
$crooge's sister's sister-in-law.  Is that a relative?

  Uncle Scrooge		US's Sister -  Husband	     Husband's Sister - ?
							     Gladstone

Wouldn't US's sister's sister-in-law be US's sister-in-law?
Or do I have better relations with my brother's in-laws than US does?

Of course, this means that there are four unknown relatives we have not
heard about.  Since they are married couples, we probably never will.

Why do I have the feeling that everyone in Duckburg is related to everyone
else?  Or is it that all of Scrooge's relatives live in Duckburg so that
they can get the best seats at the reading of US's will?

I would not be surprised if Gladstone was the seventh son of a seventh
son, or something like that.

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA

Did anyone catch the logic error in the recent DDA story by Van Horn?