Various replies

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Wed May 12 06:46:07 CEST 1993

On Tue, 11 May 1993, Per Starback wrote:
> It wasn't me who thought there was anything strange about that.  I
> didn't the shrink ray thing in Van Horn's story was strange either, as
> I don't know much about how those things work anyway.  How would I
> know if the carpet fibers ought to have become enlarged as well?

Torsten here.  Having spent too much time reading Marvel Comics, and
trying to figure out how Spider-Man can stick to walls, I tend to question
science fiction when it appears in comic books.  I guess my Suspension of
Disbelief needs to be loosened.

> Chris Lawton:
> > This is my first post to the comic mailing list so I'll take a moment to
> > introduce myself.
> Good move!  Maybe that is something we all ought to do?

Ahem.  My name is Torsten Adair.  I am a library science student who hopes
to infiltrate libraries from the inside, and thus expose a greater number
of the American populace to the wonders and excitement of reading comic
books.  I am 23 years old, and I once read the Dell/Western/Gold Key
Disneys as a child.  I started collecting comic books in 1984, and bought
the early Gladstones.  While not a devout Disney Comics collector, I do
enjoy the stories, and I find them a nice balance to the more heavier
Cerebus and Sandman.  My mother comes from Hanover, Germany, which
explains how an American like myself got such a non-American name.

I have two questions:
	What other Disney Comics stories (outside of the Ducks) should I
look at?  Any other artists/writers?  Any opinions on Disney Showcase?

	I vaguely recall a Donald Duck story involving DD buying a lot of
plants for his garden?  I am certain it was Barks.  Did anyone besides
Barks do DD/US stories for Dell?

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA